Wednesday 4 August 2010

Altered Book By Ann McLachlan

Hi all,

This month i thought i would create something a bit different so I picked up a pre-loved physical chemistry book from my local hospice shop and decided to have a go at altering it….not something i have ever attempted before, but hey…you have to try these things right?

So i hollowed out the centre and had lots of fun with the small (ok, not so small) collection of Tim holtz/sizzix alterations dies that have come to live at my house.

And here is the finished project[caption id="attachment_676" align="alignleft" width="225" caption="Ann McLachlan - Front Cover"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_677" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Ann McLachlan - Inside Altered Book"][/caption]

I have used the following dies…  Birdcage, hanging sign, hardware findings, Tattered Florals, Heart Wings and Flourish dies on my project.

Add lots of vintage photo and walnut distress ink and a Tim Holtz Timepiece, memo pin, Locket key and an ornate plate along with some Green Tara cream mini roses to complete  the interior of the book.

I’m pretty happy with how my book turned out, I’m sure i will need to make another one….lol

It’s now on display at the shop.

Bye for now...  

10 comments :

  1. Ann, that is absolutely s.t.u.n.n.i.n.g. it truly is special!

    Wow ... picking my jaw up off the floor !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this in real life and it is amazing! Absolutely Beautiful Ann !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ann this is absolutely stunning. I recognise too many of these Tim Holtz products from my own stash LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann - That is SOOOO lovely !! You obviously have been in the naughty corner too long - You can come out now for doing such gorgeous work!! See you all soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFL!!!!
    Thanks boss....
    I'm soooo out of that naughty corner now!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sarah, I'm glad i could "enable" you with an order for another die today.... Lol!

    ReplyDelete