Wednesday 22 August 2012

Pinkysil Mould Making and Easicast resin by Wendy

This is my latest favourite product.

This was a broach someone gave me and I made a mould with Pinkysil. It set in less than 20 minutes and the white brooch beside it the one I made from Easycast resin. It took only 8 minutes to set then I painted it with Tim Holtz Black Alcohol ink and rubbed over with metallic rubons.

Here is another broach I've used to create a mould that I can now use over and over again with my Easycast Resin to make my own.

This was from a chocolate.Don't eat the chocolate after you have made the mould!

Here is my finished broach as a handbag. Even the needle size holes for the jump rings were repeated in my resin design.

The detail is exact. Love it.

This is the white frame from above. Coloured with Tim Holtz alcohol ink and metallic rub ons.

I even made this rose. I added the alcohol ink into the liquid resin. Love the skirt on this dress form...just to change the subject for a second. Cut it from tulle with the Couture Creations doily die. Wax paper either side of the tulle on the die and shim on top with another piece of paper.

Here is my cameo and the broach that I  made from resin and only coloured with a little Metallic Rub On.


Here are the 2 products I've used.

I've even made a mould of very small charms. The top one in each row is the one I used to make the mould the white one is the raw resin...still needs a trim and a sand. Then the silver metal looking charms are the finished coloured item. Coloured with Tim Holts Alcohol ink black and metallic rub ons. Wow I want to go and make more. Flowers from earrings etc, buttons, anything with texture on it. I'm searching for objects to make into moulds. The possibilities are endless.

1 comment :