Friday 15 March 2013

Shimmer Sheetz Fun
Love this stuff. It comes in 13 colours and in 2 varieties, iris (which is iridescent) and metallic. It is a mylar plastic which can be embossed, sanded, punched, inked with permanent inks, cut with electronic cutters i.e cricut or eclips, you can stamp on it with permanent ink, it can be heat embossed and die cut with sizzix dies and some of the simpler spellbinders dies. It is acid free and will with stand being washed. The colour is on both sides.
Shimmer Sheetz can be used in all of your scrapbook projects, card making, mixed media, jewellery quilts and clothing. WOW.
Embossed Shimmer Sheetz and sanded. Only sand in one direction to prevent scratching.
Cut two of the Spellbinders Wrought Iron fence and layered them.
Seam binding bow using bow maker. Prima flowers and stamped Spellbinders Venetian Accents S5-118. I have cut the Shimmer Sheetz with Spellbinders Labels eight.




I have embossed this piece with Tim Holtz Texture Fade Sizzix 658251 Leaf Set. Rubbed over the surface with black stazon ink.
For the card on the right I have used this die and stamped my message on it. Love the Spellbinders for tags on my cards.


I cut the Spellbinders Fantastic Flourish Two S2-009 in white card in the end and on the card I used the wax paper as well. I also cut Tim Holtz mover and shaker butterfly from the Shimmer Sheetz
For this card I have stamped an image on the Shimmer Sheetz with versamark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder.


Then with Alcohol blending solution and a water brush I have removed the iridescent coating within the embossing. Kind of like bleaching. Love it.

You can use alcohol inks on ONLY the metallic Shimmer Sheetz and only on one side, the other side will give you a bleach look like the technique above. Do a little test corner to determine which side. Fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment