Saturday 11 May 2013

Playing with Patterned Paper by Guest designer Dawn Turley

Today I want to share a couple more cards I made with the Farm House Fair Skies papers from Scottie Crafts.

First up


 I used both sides of Weightless PP.  The flags were cut from the front and glued to the panel made from the reverse side of the PP.  I took some bakers twine and glued it along the top of the flags.  I made some little knots and glued them down.  I edged the panel with distress ink and added some eyelets in the corners.  I used a Hero Arts sentiment set (It's Your Day) to stamp my sentiments.  The panel was then added to a royal blue card base.

My second card


For this one I used Drifter and Celestial papers to cut the banners.   I used Spellbinders Eyelet Dies to cut a circle which I cut in half and layered on top of the banners.  Tied some brown scrappers twine around the top of the card and threaded it through the button.  I made this by glueing some of Drifter PP onto the back of a clear button.  Once it dried, I trimmed around it and filed it to get smooth.   I finished it off with gems around the eyelet circle and on the base card. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and is stamped in Delicata Golden Glitz ink.

I have to say I've had great fun using these Patterned Papers.  A few more cards to share that I've made.  These papers are 12x12 sheets but they also come in a 6x6 pad where the elements are all a bit smaller.

Thanks to Scottie Crafts for providing me these papers to work with



Hope this gives you some inspiration.  And do hop over and see the goodies at Scotties.

1 comment :

  1. Love it - I think the Baker's Twine finishes it off really nicely. Might have tpo check out the paper range!

    ReplyDelete