Thursday 22 August 2013

JOURNEY - JUNK JOURNAL by Tasha

Hey there :)
Hope everyone has been having a crafty week.
I love making journals and mini albums and so this week I want to share with you a Junk Journal I"ve made.
I started by collaging my covers with various old book paper, grunged the edges up with vintage photo distress ink and then adhered my patterned paper from the Sunrise Sunset Collection.  The sentiment on the cover was a rub on and once again I used some of the Junkyard Findings to embellish.  Used my Zutter Bind-it-all to bind this journal together.
As well as the paper and tags I tea-dyed myself I also used cardstock from American Crafts in Black and Dark Kraft.  I used images from the Sunrise sunset Collection as Tags and pockets and pages.

So that's me for this week.  Making Journals is probably my favourite thing to do so I had heaps of fun playing with all my yummy products from Scotties.
I'll be posting a vid on YouTube and will share the link on the Scotties Craft FB Page.  Thanks for checking out my crafts.  See you next week  :)
 

3 comments :

  1. Hello Tasha
    How wonderfully tactile this Journal looks I would love to see it in real time, just to run my fingers over it and drool!, I know I sound crazy but I do have a penchant for shabby creations and this one ticks all the boxes for me. It is unique and personalised.
    Love it.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Tash....one word...GORGEOUS!! Drooling!! sorry that's two words lol. I love how you have used your junkyard findings on the cover!! Neat touch! I am with Sue I to would to run my fingers over it!! Well done!! ~Kimi~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys I to am a touchy feely type crafter :) closer look on my vid I've posted on the scottie FB page :)

    ReplyDelete