Saturday 10 August 2013

~ Snow Day ~



G’day everyone, I am so excited…. Today I get  to share with you my very first project for Scottie Crafts.  I received my kit earlier this week and couldn’t wait to get started.  At first I was a little daunted by the papers I received, not my usual style, but it is always good to be pushed out of our comfort zones and I really do love a good challenge.  I am more than happy with how this layout turned out.


I began by distressing the edges of the paper with just a pair of scissors and adding a few rips and tears.

I inked the the tears with some Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Walnut Ink

Using the Kaisercraft Chickenwire Acrylic stamp...I added some background to the black cardstock
I layered the bark paper so that the stamping peeked out from under the rips and tears
I then lightly spritzed the Basecoat Bark with some blue glimmer spray and added a few splatters to tie in with the snow theme.

After matting my photo on some more black cardstock, I began the layering process. I added a paper doily from my stash and a rubon from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Elements.


Then I had some fun with all the yummy goodies that came in my kit to create my flower cluster


 The products I have used include:


To create the little kraft emebellishments I used the rubon's and one of the Cream Shipping Tags that were included in my pack.  I inked them quite darkly.  First with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Tea Dye and then Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Walnut Stain  The leaves were cut from the Tim Holtz Idealogy Rubons - Elements packaging.




  Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend...

✿ღ.~♥  Live your Bliss ♥~ღ.✿

10 comments :

  1. Hello Kimi
    My goodness my girl, this may not have been your usual style, but you have brought it home big time, this layout has wonderful texture and is fabulous.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... Thank you so much Sue... ♥♥

      Delete
  2. gorgeous!!!!! love that chickenwire stamp. You have done a great job <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need a chicken wire stamp!! Your layout is gorgeous Kimi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding Kimi. love the way you've got the stamping showing behind the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love Kimmie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I love this layout - I would never have thought of using a bark paper in this way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimi, This is just gorgeous! Love the cluster and distressing! :)

    ReplyDelete