Monday 30 December 2013

Kaisercraft meets Mixed media (layout) by Sue Butler.

Happy New Year, I hope 2014 is a Happy and Creative one for you all.
Today -A layout using Kaisercraft 'Key to my Heart' collection and a little inks and pastes etc.
I do have some steps of the layout but as often is the case one is disposed to forget to always take a picture!


My first step -make the border.


Adding the stickers, inks, embossing pastes through stencils and stitching.

Perfection is not the aim here with Mixed media as it looks great when you can allow yourself  not to worry about being exact, the overall effect juxtaposing with the rest of the design is more important, and if you can create movement then the layout will SING!


Using a White Pen for highlights will lift the design.
Metal embellishments create an interest and is also tactile.

And as my fellow Dt (Kimi) would say always add some glamour; Flowers always work.

Last of all titivate; I added some rub-ons.

Some of the products I have used:

Have a great day,
Smiles:)
Sue

2 comments :

  1. Oh My Goodness Sue, What a wonerful way to start out the new year.. Lots of color, beautiful lay out, stunning punch work. And the added glamor of your grand-daughter makes this just outstanding!
    Great start to the new year.
    Hugs Vada

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like the happiest granddaughter ever.... How perfectly you've captured your bond with her on this fabulous fun and vibrant LO. Oh and yes, the perfect amount of glamour too ;)

    ReplyDelete