Monday 17 February 2014

Couture Creations Doily Card by Sue Butler.

Hello Everyone.

The 'Les Fleurs' doily from Couture Creations is my favourite, I loved how it cut so cleanly without wax paper on my Big Shot. It lends itself beautifully to make a pretty card.


The first technique was to use modelling paste through part of the doily as a stencil onto the Pink background.
Next altering the doily after it was cut, by smooshing with distress paints; dab two colours of paint onto your mat, spritz with water then run the doily through, may need a few runs to have the desired effect. (dry between each run.)


 I then versa-marked a few areas straight from the pad and applied Aged Rose embossing powder and set with a heat gun.


 Layers add dimension and interest, so the Tulip was stamped with versamark and clear embossed, coloured up then fussy cut. 
The circle was smooshed in the left over paint on White card stock and dry embossed.
The small centre cut is from the doily, and this was stamped with text.


Adding the finishing touches:  
For me it has to be more texture; lace and stitching.


Two different ways to use the doily, creating an appeal that is pleasing to the eye.


  This is my last post for Scotties:( as you are all aware the shop is closing).
 I have enjoyed designing for you all these past 6 months, I will continue to create over on my blog: (Here).  Love you to pay me a visit sometimes.
So it is a sad farewell from me I will miss this and the shop very much.

Smiles:)
Sue

Products used:




No comments :

Post a Comment