Monday 10 February 2014

Three little Thank you cards by Sue Butler.

Hello Everyone 
I am following on from last week and working with the Couture Creations- lace die collection.
I have three little beauties to show you with three different techniques, you will have to put a few minutes aside as there is of course a step by step on their assemblage.

 
 I used theses two diecuts.
 Mirror Mirror and
Water Lily Set 


My first job was to make the backgrounds and for this one I used smooth White card stock and distress inks and paints; dabbing the ink onto my work-pad, spritzing with water,  then smooshing the card in the inks, once this is dry I dabbed paint onto a bottle top, then a stamp and also a wet wipe to obtain the effect I wanted on the card stock. 
When dry, I cut out the mirror mirror die. 
The daisies were stamped then fussy-cut.

The Background is DCWV 'brights' adhesive card.


Card No 2. 
For this background I just randomly painted Watercolour paper with Acrylic paints and Pencils, before cutting the die I dry embossed to create some texture.

For the smaller die I used the die cut as a stencil and coloured in Distress inks and stains.

The centre image is a Prima chipboard.


Card No 3
 

I used the Lacy8 'Madeline' Die and made a stencil.

Used these Distress paints.
Dabbed through with a wet wipe.
This is on White card-stock, I was wanting a muted look so I repeated the process on watercolour paper.
Love this effect, I used the stencil twice on the paper before cutting.
Applied distress paints for the smaller centre die, then dry embossed.
The result relates a lovely Vintage appeal.


If you managed to follow all the way to here you did very well, and I hope some inspiration was picked up on the way. If you have any questions on the tutorial, please do not hesitate to ask....we are here to help.
See you next Monday for a different take again.

Have a great week,
Smiles:)
Sue

Products used and available at Scotties.




No comments :

Post a Comment