Sunday 20 October 2013

Kaiser Lady Rose Card/Mini Album Holder


Hi Wendy here for part two of my project from last week. Today I will show you how to create a holder for the cards I created last week.



 I walked you through the 12 cards made from the Katherine sheet of Kaiser paper in my last post now I'm going to decorate the Holder for the cards/album.... Lets get started.







I found this cool little picket fence box in a shop for $2.50 and painted it with Tim Holtz distress picket fence paint.


Once the paint was dry I sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Mist Copper, rubbed it in and wiped off the excess.


Here I am colouring the seam binding with Tim Holtz distress stains aged mahogany, tattered rose and forest moss. I make a bow using the bow maker.


This is the flower spray made with flowers from my stash...mainly prima, See blog post  Sunday 5th May Vines  http://scottiecraftsnz.blogspot.co.nz/search/label/Wendy%20Jones    I have sprayed the flowers with Perfect Perals Mist Copper.


Here is the 4 loop bow made from the coloured seam binding. I have added some of the Rub-ons from the Lady Rose Kaiser sheet the little butterflies. I glued the flower vine and the bow to the "Box" then added my twelve cards and envelopes. I  made the envelopes using the  Envelope Punch Board. and white paper. I used anything I had left over from the Lady rose range to decorate the envelopes. 

Love the envelope punch board because you can make an envelope the exact size of your cards.
The instructions are very clear and it is easy to use. One little trick is that you only use the measurement line for your FIRST score line then you use the Score Guide for the next 3 lines.



 The corner rounder just finishes it off nicely.
Then a little glue or double sided tape to fasten. And some Lick n Stick glue for the closure line and all that remains are your decorations.




  
 If i decide this is going to be a mini album the envelopes will be added into the binding as pockets to add more photos and journaling. Either way I like the finished item with options. 

Thanks. See you soon. Wendy

No comments :

Post a Comment