Thursday 3 October 2013

TRIPLE EASEL CARD - TASHA

 Hi there everyone,  for all you parents I hope you are managing to get some crafty time in over the holidays or maybe you are braving it and crafting with the kids :)
It was my pleasure this month to get to use the new Kaisercraft Collection - Hidden Treasures.  I have heaps of paper, die-cuts, and embellishments to play with and thought I would start off with a Triple Easel Card.  Pretty pleased with how it came out as I am not at all an experienced card maker.  As you can see in the top photo the card lays fairly flat.  The banner is from the 12x12 sticker sheet.  The Babushka Nesting dolls were from the Collectables Die cut pack and I embellished with of course some Prima Flowers and some Wood Veneers from Studio Calico.

Then when you want to display this card you just pop these little panels.  This 3D card was very easy to make and a lot of fun. 
I really enjoyed creating the different dimensions of this card and continuing to learn how to layer and create space and interest in my work from different angles.
This paper collection lends itself to so many themes and styles if you love this colour palette you will think it is great for many projects.  It has a vintage, dusty attic feel but there are also elements in the paper line that would be great for children's or masculine type projects and even baby projects if you want to do something other than the traditional baby pink or blue.
So guys there we go that's my project this week.  Had so much fun creating this card.  Lastly just wanted to show you the inside of the card.  I used some paper from the 6 1/2" Paper Pad from the collection.

See ya next week guys  :)
Tasha


3 comments :

  1. Hello Tash
    Well you have one over me who makes cards all the time as I have never attempted an Easel card.
    So well done, I like the muted palette of warm and cool shades, it has a greyed- down and low key effect, but none the less this card looks wonderful.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sue thanks this was my first time trying the Easel card also and was surprised how easy it was. This color palette was so easy to work with...and great that it could be used for more masculine projects aswell.

      Delete
  2. Hi Tash, I really love all of the levels you have working for you on this card. its not easy to get this look without over crowing or making things look too overdone but you have found the balance perfectly it really is a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete