Saturday 23 November 2013

Tea Break Diary Cover - by Kimi

Hey everyone I am back again with another share from these gorgeous GORGEOUS papers from Kaisercraft...I love working with these....the colours and the prints are so pretty and so inspiring!!
Today I have for you all a really simple diary cover.  I found a diary refill in the dollar bin at my local newsagency just last week. I grabbed it quick smart as I knew exactly what I was going to do with it!!

I have created my own hard cover for it from some pizza box cardboard....don't worry guys it was clean....it actually held scrappy supplies not pizza :).

Mmmmm now lets see, a bit of tutorial - so to speak.  I guess the first thing I did was to cut my cardboard pieces to size.

  I made my spine about an inch wide as the little diary was only half an inch thick.

I have hinged my pieces with some masking tape. Believe it or not it makes a great way to hinge your cover pieces.  I then covered my cardboard with the Kaisercraft Tea Break - "Sugar Cookie"



 I lined the inside of my cover with Kaisercraft Tea Break - Monte Carlo  and created a pocket to slide the back page of the diary into.  with a small piece of leftovers I also made a little pencil or pen holder and tucked it in under the bottom of the pocket.  Oh I forgot to say before you glue your lining in place add some seam binding or ribbon if you wish to have a closure.

 I wanted to pretty up the front "cover" of the refill, so I gently prised open the binding rings and slipped the page out.  I then covered it with a large die cut from the Kaisercraft Tea Break -Kingston sheet

Then it was time to dress her all up :)  I have used a selection of ribbons, laces and trims from my stash to embellish the cover along with a die cut from the Kaisercraft Tea Break  6.5" Paper Pad
So here she is in all her finery and ready for her close ups....
 The gorgeous fabric flowers that adorn her front cover are from fellow team mate and scrappy bestie Tash.  As is her lovely stickpin.  I have added some bling from my stash.
I also covered a pencil with the reverse of  Monte Carlo






Thanks for joining me today.  I hope I have inspired you to create this weekend
much  love and blessings to you.
.....✿ღ.~♥  Live your Bliss ♥~ღ.✿

2 comments :

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimi
    As usual you have delighted us with beautiful project, I love anything shabby-chic as this is my preferred genre, so for me this is very pleasing to my eyes.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete