Thursday 3 March 2011

More Little Girl By Echo Park From Sarah

Surely the Cutest Pink Panther Ever



I have had these two photos of my daughter dressed up as the 'pink panther' for her schools talent show since June last year. I was waiting for just the right papers and these ones were certainly 'pink' and 'girlie' enough! I cut the middle out of the scalloped patterned paper and set it aside for another project. The remainder of the sheet I adhered to brown cardstock to make a frame for my layout. The title is a main feature of the LO and I found that the variety of lettering options in this 'Little Girl' collection made for a very interesting and varied title. To make the word 'pink' I adhered American Craft 'Thickers' to the page and sprayed over them with pink glimmer mist. I then peeled off the stickers to leave the word showing in white.
I made the flower using Tim Holts 'Tattered Florals' die (also available at scotty craft). This is a fantastically versatile die and can be used to make flowers of a wide variety of shapes and sizes. I finished off with some 'Kaisercraft' bling and a cute 'Pink Panther' which I printed from clip art on my computer onto white cardstock and cut out. I wrote my journaling onto strips of cardstock and adhered to the left of the main photo as shown.


A Time to be Six



I have so many candid photos of my children that I love but may never make it to a LO. This design was inspired by an attempt to use some of my favourite photos of my youngest daughter just 'being six'. Most of these shots would not be good enought for a 'stand alone' LO but together they look great and are a real glipse of Sophie's life right now.
I used a large chipboard clock as a mask on white cardstock and sprayed over it with red glimmer mist. I cut out the clock from the centre of the white cardstock, matted it on a circle of black cardstock and a circle of chipboard (to give it dimension and allow me to tuck some of my photos underneath the clock edges) then replaced it in its original position. I used the 'Little Girl' journaling sheet and some offcuts from other papers from this range to mat the photos around the periphery of the LO (they are all printed at 3x2"). I machine stitched a circle around each photo to highlight it. I used various stickers and die-cuts from the same range to embellish further and added a caption to each photo with teeny-tiny alphas. Finally I doodled around the clock numbers, added black cardstock clock hands, and a title (using more teeny-tiny alphas and Sassafrass letter stickers). I couldn't resist adding a Prima Flower (from the new Prima collections that are at Scotty Craft right now) and part of a Prima swirl to finish off my clock. My daughter just loves this LO and reckons that it is her favourite one EVER.

No comments :

Post a Comment