Wednesday 24 August 2011

DT projects - Lianne Gray

I started with this gorgeous Prima screenprinted canvas by Donna Downey and this Scrapware set, I can't find the name of it but am thinking it is this Happy days set. I wanted to do a fantasy type scene using the whole set. The words say 'Imagine a world of watercolour painted skies, colourful birds, giant suns and butterflies, and a keyhole to the next beautiful world'. I had so much fun with this. The canvas is lovely to sew. I cuttlebugged most of the Scrapware with various embossing folders, and painted them with acrylic paint. Added some eyelets to the top of the canvas to hang with some dyed seam binding. Read on for instructions.


Next I had some cool Echo Park papers and stickers to create this LO with. The background is splattered with Adirondack Colour Wash.


When I saw this Echo Park Dots and Stripes paper I fell in love. Especially because it is red. How cute is it. The flower is made using Prima Mistables Canvas sheet of flowers. First of all I machine stitched 'veins' on them to give them some texture and coloured them with Adirondack colour wash. Make sure you spray with water first (thanks Wendy for that tip). Another favourite of mine at the moment is seam binding. Scotties sell it by the metre. Here I've again wet it and sprayed with the same colours I used on the canvas flower and wrapped it around my photo. I love the tie dyed effect it gives.


Lastly, on this LO I've used this Sassafras Lass paper and this Scrapware Abstract Tree. I painted the tree first with acrylic paint then painted a layer of Tim Holtz Crackle Paint over the trunk and added some Prima flowers. A bit of messy stitching. The alphas are Studio Calico.

Excuse the photographing of these LO's. The first 2 have caught the light on the left side of the photos and they are at the shop so I can't rephoto. And I feel the next 2 may be a little dark. Oh well. You get the idea. Hope I've inspired you in some way.
Lianne

1 comment :

  1. Wonderful layouts, Lianne!! I love the flowers on the tree and the Emma layout and that canvas flower is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete