Thursday 25 April 2013

Ranger Altered Apron by Wendy





I decided to alter a Ranger Apron I got in Tim Holtz class at CHA in January 2013. I chose one of Tim Holtz papers then I painted a layer of gesso over the area I wanted to do my picture transfer on. I applied the picture face down onto the wet gesso and burnished it will. Burnish really well and leave to dry.

Once dry, spray a section at a time and rub of the paper backing. Keep rubbing wetting and rubbing until the image is visible. Your image will be in a mirror image so this technique is not good to do with anything with text. Once all the image is revealed. Allow it to dry.
I used a crafters workshop stencil 6x6 cogs and black and white gesso to create the background. Once this to dry I decorated it with various die cut items and metal embellishments

Tattered Florals in Glassine paper. Fantastic flourish in Grunge paper. Grunge Board Hinges Hessian Poinsettia, aluminum cogs.

Tattered pinecone cut from leather and coloured with Distress Paints. Hinges coloured with Pewter distress stain , leaves painted with distress paint and when dry spray with color wash.
The finished apron. This was such fun to put together. I’m going to wear it at Ranger U in the US at this week!
Thanks for following.

1 comment :

  1. Awesome Wendy. I bet it gets lots of comments. Quite stunning

    ReplyDelete