Friday 15 November 2013

Celebrate - by Kristy S

HI bloggers, Kristy here.

 This week I want to share a card I made using the new Kaisercraft The looking glass collection.
 I was so excited to get this paperline this month and cant wait to show you some of the things I have come up with.

So please take a look!

 

 I have done a little step by step collage for you also so you can see how I layered up my card.(and yes I managed to drop an ink pad lid on my paper but it got covered in the end (whew)
 
So this is my first time using a Magnolia stamp and I must say I totally get the addiction,  this one is called Tilda with love potion, and she was so much fun to color.
As always I have used my Tim Holtz Distress inks and markers on Watercolor Distress cardstock
I have also stamped around her with the Kaisercraft texture stamp called Postmarks and used some liquid pearls to accent it!


I wanted to give the big flower sprays a miss this week so I pulled out this lace applique that I found at my local sewing centre, and the cute doily poking out in the corner came in my kit.

The Stamped wording comes from the Crafty Secrets stamp collection called greetings from wonderland, I saw this set online in another country and asked the lovely ladies at Scotties to get them in for me, so if you see something you like, ask the girls and they might just be able to get them in for you too.


Here is a look at the inside, the Butterfly is from the collections Sticker sheet, the "Remember" tag is from the collectables and the doily is a Couture Creations doily Die


Here is another look at the front,
 I have a few Prima embelishments here including a Prima resin bird sitting on some cut offs from the Sizzix Autumn Gatherings die, these were left over from another project and worked out great here  as branches, They are covered in Stickles Dry fine glitter
I also added some Prima bling and Prima flowers from the Meadow and Lakeside collections and the green doily behind the celebrate rub on is from the cutouts in the 6.5 x 6.5 paper stack


And that's that, I hope you like her.

Have  a great weekend everyone.

Kristy xx

3 comments :

  1. Hello Kristy
    Oh I do love this card, and although I am not a fan of Tilda; only because I have an issue with a face with no mouth, but hey, that is my problem and I know it does not concern many card makers one bit. The layout is wonderful, the design holds your interest for a long period, it is not a card that you just glance at, it is one to devour. Gorgeous, gorgeous elements and not one that looks out of place. That bit of lace appliqué you have added is exactly what I bought in Australia last year, I have been saving it for the right project, yours looks so pretty here.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also looking at the stamp and thinking where is her mouth

      Delete
  2. love this card. I'm not into these kiinds of stamped images either...not very good with cute and can't pull it off but your colouring is awesome love that bling too. Tasha xx

    ReplyDelete