Sunday 12 January 2014

Art of Life Altered Clip Board

I have used the Kaiser Craft Paper Collection called Art of Life in this project. I love this paper because you can ink it with your chosen colour of Distress Ink to suit any theme.

Here is the finished project.


A close up view of the top clip. 


 So lets get to it.


First I painted the edges with black gesso, back and front. Allow to dry.


 Cut the chosen paper to fit the clip board allowing a small border of the black to show. (I cut 4 inches by 11 inches.) Tear a piece about 3 inches up from the bottom. I used the flip side as the right side and formed a pocket at the base of the clip board.


 I used the envelope punch board to round the corners of my pocket piece.


I inked all the edges using Distress ink aged mahogany. I then glued the pocket in place.


Use a stencil of your choice and spread  modelling paste through randomly. Allow to dry.



I coloured some seam binding with Distress stain Aged mahogany.


 I used  the collectable butterfly, coloured it with aged mahogany and then coated it with glossy accents.

 

I cut the Kaiser paper Brave to add to the clip board and chose some of the collectables to add to the pocket.


I inked all the pieces with aged mahogany. You can add note paper and tie a pen on this for messages. Lastly I added seam binding and fibers to the top clip to finish the project. Thanks for following. Wendy

No comments :

Post a Comment