Monday 13 January 2014

Journal Page by Sue Butler

Hello Everyone,
If you read my last post you will know that I am working with the Dylusions Ink Pad and in my previous post I mentioned that I stamped my excess inks into a Journal, now I have to admit that this is the first Journal page I have ever designed, so it was a learning curve for me as well. I worked very hard at not thinking too much on what the result would look like, but trying to express my thoughts on the page for this particular day----hence the expression that I have written.


The Background was made with the Dylusions Ink Pad by stamping off my stamps, stencils and wiping with baby wipes,

Stamping,  gesso and a paper border is the next layer.
Free hand Flower drawing, doodling, butterflies and pencilling in the sentiment.
Apologies for the lighting in some of the photos.

Highlighting with a White Pen, embossing paste and a metal embellishment completes the look.


I am liking the effects that the multi colours make from the pad, the dylusions Inks are bright and happy, as opposed to when I use watercolour or Acrylics for my backgrounds, which are more subtle.
Check back next week for a different look again.
Hope you are having a great day,
Smiles:)
Sue




1 comment :