Sunday 26 January 2014

Treasure Draws Gift with Easel Card



This is my Kaiser Art of Life paper collection project 3. I loved making this fun little gift with attached easel card using this versatile paper range. The draws can be stuffed full of goodies to suit the receiver and the card is already attached to write your message to your chosen friend.


 Here is the draw set with the card closed forming the decoration for the top of the box. Now lets get started...


I used my Martha Stewart Score Board to make the 4 little draws.


 I cut small pieces from the 6 1/2 by 6 1/2 paper pad Art of Life by Kaiser Craft to decorate just the front of the draws.


 I cut and scored the four strips to form the wrappers for the draws. I then slid the draws into the wrappers.


I then played around with the layout until I was happy with 2 draws opening to the front and the other 2 draws opening on the left and right side.


The next step was to create the base and top to hold the draws in place.I used more paper from the paper pad to cover the chip board pieces.


 I only needed to cover on side of each piece because once wrapped around the chip board the exposed chip board was covered by the draws.


I then used a large brad and an eyelet turned upside down to create a draw knob. I was so pleased with myself for thinking of this. The eyelet gives you enough space to be able to grasp the brad and pull the draw out. It also looks amazing because the back of the eyelet is a decorative surround and hides the legs of the brad. Genius!!!


I used double sided tape to hold the draws together. Once the backing paper was removed from the tape I applied hot glue I glued the base and top onto the draws


 Then I created the card for the top of the Draw set using the paper pad some of the collectables from the Art of Life paper range and I cut the clock using Tim Holtz tattered time die. I used a coat of glossy accents on the clock and hands.


I used my Martha Stewart Score board to form the easel card base,


 Here is a collection of all the bits I thought I might use for the card.


I used a punch to punch out circles and matted them on black then applied glossy accents and allowed to dry. These three circles are to hold the card up when it is open.


And here is the finished article. Thanks for following. I will see you soon. 
Wendy

2 comments :

  1. I absolutely love this project and the paper is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy this is absolutely beautiful and very versatile, I love it and think this would make a super fun class too!
    Thanks for sharing the draw knob tips too, I really want to give this a go now!
    very cool xx Kristy

    ReplyDelete