Wednesday 5 February 2014

Now Boarding Collection - Sarah Groen


When Bev from Scottie Crafts asked me if I would ,like to create some projects using the new Kaisercraft 'Now Boarding' collection I was thrilled. I have so many travel photos from our trip to the Gold Coast last month just waiting to be scrapped and a new travel collection was just what I was looking for. 

I was not disappointed when I opened up my DT box and saw these gorgeous papers. The 'A' side of the papers have travel-themed prints and patterns and the 'B' side are fairly neutral so that the collection is versatile enough to be used for non-travel photos (especially 'boy' themed pages). 

The photo that I chose was of my 4 boys in Dream World. I had set them up for a group shot. They were all smiling nicely until the moment that I pressed down the shutter when the three older boys made these hideous 'Shrek' faces!!! This is a common occurrence in our family. it is almost impossible to get a serious photo of my older kids (without resorting to bribery - $20 petrol money will usually guarantee a nicely posed photo ). 
I based this page on the new challenge at 'Once Upon a Sketch' Here is the sketch:

 
The journaling theme is 'totally addicted to...' and I thought that my boys being 'totally addicted to ruining my photos' would be a good take on the theme. 
I went to town on my background creating 'boyish grunge' I used a few of the new 'Tim Holtz' mask (purchased from Scottie) to ink through. I especially love the 'coffee ring' one. I layered various papers and ephemera under the photo. One of the best things about Kaisercraft collections, in my opinion, is the bag of co-ordinating 'miscellany' that co-ordinate with them. I have used various tags and die cuts to build up my layers and add extra interest to my page. 
The metal studs that I added along the photo edge are a 'Prima' product (junkyard findings). They also make great centres for flowers and can be used anywhere you would put a brad or an eyelet. 


The resin Camera in the bottom right hand corner of my photo is another 'Prima' product. I gently rubbed metallic paste over the top to give it a shabby metal look. 


I added strip journaling to tell the story behind my page and completed the layout with a 'Thickers' title. 
All of the products that I have used on my page are available at 'Scottie crafts'. If you are in Auckland do stop by and have a browse around the store - you will be enchanted by all the eye candy just waiting to accompany you home :) If you are not in the area come visit the Scottie online store here.

No comments :

Post a Comment