Monday 6 January 2014

Using the Dylusions Ink Pad to make Backgrounds by Sue Butler

Hello Everyone,
Over the next few weeks I will show you how versatile the Dylusions Ink Pad is to make wonderful Backgrounds for all your creations.
I have made a card out of a shipping Tag today but you will soon realise that this technique can be adapted to suit any project. 
A word of warning this can be MESSY!!!!

There is a tutorial on how to season the pad here.
First step is to Ink the pad with your choice of colours to make the palette.

You will get the Ink all over the place, but don't fret, mop it up with a baby wipe and swipe or dab into your journal or another shipping Tag, like what I have done here, every time I stamped or stencilled I cleaned the tools off onto this journal page.

Back to my Background; using a stencil face down onto the pad, place the shipping Tag on top and press down firmly.
Add some different size circles-direct from Pad to Tag.
 Polish the Tag with a Baby wipe.
  Stamp some images.

Continue to layer up until you are happy, then add some texture.
Dry emboss, texture paste,stitching etc.

 Adding the elements to create interest, then as I like to say;
 titivate with some shading and doodling.

Finished Card.
All products are available at Scotties shop, if sold out Adrienne will more than happy to order in for you.

Next week a different effect.
Smiles:)
Sue



4 comments :

  1. Really cool effects - love this!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout and I'm looking forward to more using the Dylusions Ink Pad. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's WONDERFUL!!! I'm so excited about the ink pad now and I love seeing ALL the inking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks amazing and thanks so much for the great step by step! The end result looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete